Last Updated: Jan 29, 2014
or text to (806) 337-0808
We have microfilm for these newspapers through the early 90's, often to the present. We also have other papers with earlier coverage.
You will be researching what happened on the day of your birth using newspapers.
- At least one will be microfilm
- Use at least two sources
- Look at papers from the day after your birthday
- Go to the microfilm cabinets or the periodicals desk
(2nd floor) for help
- Look for one of the titles on the left.
- Find a roll that contains your birthday
- Ask for help using microfilm reader
- Find the day after your birthday
- You can print from reader if you have money on your Buff Gold Card
- America's News from Newsbank
Dates from the 1980's to the present. Options to limit to a specific state, page number, section, specific date, and 1 or more U.S. states.
- InfoTrac Newsstand
Articles from over 1,000 newspapers in the United States and worldwide. Includes Austin American-Statesman (1996+), and The Houston Chronicle (1996+). National newspapers include The New York Times (1985+), and The Christian Science Monitor (1997+). International papers include the London Times (1985+) and the Times of India (2005+).
- New York Times, The (1851-2009)
Images of all material published in this important U.S. newspaper. Articles, advertising, letters, funeral notices and photos are all included. Fully searchable and browsable.