From February 26 to March 31, 2015, we have trial access to Statista.com, a statistics portal integrating data on over 80,000 topics from over 18,000 sources onto a single professional platform. Categorized into 21 market sectors, it provides direct access to quantitative data on media, business, finance, politics, and a wide variety of other areas of interest.
From February 2 to March 2, 2015, we have trial access to IBISWorld, a collection of industry market research and industry risk ratings, offering reports on more than 1300 US industries.
- The NAICS Industry report collection has reports on more than 700 industries, written at the 5-digit level of the official North American Industry Classification System.
- There are another 600+ US Specialized Industry Reports on emerging and sub niche industries.
- US Business Environment Profiles provide data and analysis on more than 350 key economic, demographic and consumer indicators that impact industry.
- US Industry iExpert Summaries--NAICS provide key information fast and include major threats/opportunities and a Q&A section on internal/external issues.
- US Risk Rating reports - NAICS to measure the risk in the business operating environment over the next 12-18 months with a numerical score for quicker understanding.
- International Industry Report Collections for China, the United Kingdom, Australia, & Canada (250+ for China, 400+ U.K., 500+ Australia, and 400+ Canada).
- 74 Global Industry Reports full of statistics and easy-to-digest analysis.way as the U.S. collection.
Early English Books Online
From January 9th until February 27th, 2015, we have trial access to Early English Books Online.
Early English Books Online (EEBO) contains digital facsimile page images of virtually every work printed in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British North America and works in English printed elsewhere from 1473-1700 - from the first book printed in English by William Caxton, through the age of Spenser and Shakespeare and the tumult of the English Civil War.
JoVE: Essentials of Behavior
From January 8 through March 8, 2015, we have trial access to JoVE: Essentials of Behavior from the Journal of Visualized Experiments, the world's first peer reviewed scientific video journal.
This collection of videos presents the fundamentals of behavior neuroscience and is sub-divided on the basis of different aspects of human behavior such as learning, memory, cognition, movement, addiction and behavioral disorders. The videos briefly explain the neurobiology of behavior, discuss concepts behind prominent techniques, introduce important questions being asked by scientists and provide protocols to run behavioral experiments.
From February 11 until May 8, 2015, we have trial access to the online version of Science, the prestigious and popular peer-reviewed general-science journal, whose articles consistently rank among the world's most cited research.
We depend on your feedback in judging these trial databases.
Please let us know what you think.
Ask a Librarian
or text to (806) 337-0808
Get Help from the Library
- Use our online email form. Most responses within 1 business day.
- Call (806) 651-2215 during library hours
- Stop by the first floor reference desk anytime the library is open