Last Updated: Aug 29, 2016
or text to (806) 429-4542
We have microfilm for these newspapers through the early 90's, often to the present. We also have other papers with earlier coverage.
Decide on a topic within the regional scope of the class - focused on:
- the American West
- High Plains
- Texas Panhandle
- Representation and uses of history (museum, pageant)
- Environmental sustainability (water, energy)
- Cultural identity
You MUST find, use, and cite one article other than your class readings
- America's News from Newsbank
Dates from the 1980's to the present. Options to limit to a specific state, page number, section, specific date, and 1 or more U.S. states.
- InfoTrac Newsstand
Articles from over 1,000 newspapers in the United States and worldwide. Includes Austin American-Statesman (1996+), and The Houston Chronicle (1996+). National newspapers include The New York Times (1985+), and The Christian Science Monitor (1997+). International papers include the London Times (1985+) and the Times of India (2005+).
- New York Times, The (1851-2012)
Images of all material published in this important U.S. newspaper. Articles, advertising, letters, funeral notices and photos are all included. Fully searchable and browsable.
- Go to the microfilm cabinets or the periodicals desk
(2nd floor) for help
- Look for one of the titles on the left.
- Find a roll that contains the date of your choice
- Ask for help using microfilm reader
- You can print from reader if you have money on your Buff Gold Card ($.10/page)