"Economists study the allocation of scarce resources to produce the maximum amount of goods and services. Economists conduct research, collect and analyze data, monitor economic trends, and develop forecasts. They apply economic theory to endeavors such as banking, finance, manufacturing, education, law, international trade, labor, insurance, agriculture, health, criminal justice, energy, natural resources, and telecommunications." -Jim Owens, Department Head.
Make a research question from your topic.
- For example: "What is currently being done to help conserve the endangered Giant Panda population?"
- Keywords: conserve and Giant Panda
Think of related words.
- Conserve: conservation, preservation, protection
- Giant Panda: panda, Ailuropoda melanoleuca (scientific name).
Search Library Catalog by keyword, title, etc.
Find Us Online
Ask a Librarian
or text to: (806) 337-0808
Get Help from the Library
- Use our online email form. Most responses within 1 business day.
- Call (806) 651-2215 during library hours
- Stop by the first floor reference desk anytime the library is open