Last Updated: Aug 22, 2014
Circulation and Reserves
Back volumes for 880 journals from volume 1, issue 1, but not the most current 2-5 years. About 20 titles have coverage through the most recent issue, and about 5 have current but not historical coverage. General subject areas include art & architecture, Asian studies, botany, ecology, economics, education, finance, history, language & literature, mathematics, music, philosophy, political science, population studies, sociology and statistics.
- America: History and Life with Full Text
Covers the history of the United States and Canada from prehistory to the present. Selective indexing for nearly 1,800 journals from 1954 to present and some titles back to the 19th or early 20th centuries. Full-text coverage for nearly 260 journals and more than 80 books
- Historical Abstracts with Full Text
Covers the history of the world outside of the United States and Canada, from the 15th Century onward. Indexing of historical articles from more than 2,600 journals in over 40 languages from 1954 to the present. Access to the full text of more than 400 journals and 140 books
- The Creative Guide to Research
- ZA 3075 .R69 2000 Ref.
- A guide to finding information both in print and available through the World Wide Web.
- Student Guide to Research in the Digital Age : How to Locate and Evaluate Information Sources
- ZA 3075 .S74 2006 Ref.
- Step-by-step introduction to research process, critical evaluation, and specific information sources. Includes consideration of web content from as recently as 2006. A very well-presented blend of detail and introductory overview.
- Dictionary of Concepts in History
- D13 .R49 1986 Ref.
- Identification and discussion "of some of the key concepts of contemporary historical analysis."
- The American Historical Association Guide to Historical Literature
- Z 6201 .A55 1995 Ref.
- A two volume annotated bibliography "of the finest and most useful books and articles available in every field of historical scholarship."
- Guide to the Diplomatic History of the United States, 1775-1921
- by Samuel Flagg Bemis and Grace Gardner Griffin
- Z 6465 .U5 B4 Ref.
- LC 1.2:D 62 US Documents - Documents Shelves
- A chronological guide to published materials about the diplomatic history of the United States from 1775-1921. Published in 1935.
- Guide to American Foreign Relations since 1700
- Z 6465. U5 G84 1983 Ref.
- Edited by Richard Dean Burns and published by The Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations (SHAFR), this is the much modified and updated successor to Bemis and Griffin.
- American Foreign Relations since 1600 : A Guide to the Literature. Second edition.
- Z 6465 .U5 G84 2003
- This SHAFR publication supersedes their 1983 work by Burns, just as that superseded Bemis and Gardner. This one ought to be the first resort, though the earlier titles also have their value.
- Foreign Affairs Bibliography
- Z6463.F73 Ref.
- Focused coverage of foreign affairs materials published during very specific time periods. Produced by the Council on Foreign Relations and organized first by geographical areas and then by subtopics. Editions exist for 1919-1932, 1932-1942, 1952-1962, and 1962-1972. Two editions are also on the Loan Shelves.
- U.S. Foreign Relations : A Guide to Information Sources.
- Z 6465 .U5 P52 Ref.
- Volume 6 in the American Government and History Information Guide Series.
- This 1980 work offers a detailed bibliography on many different aspects of the practice and practioners of U.S. foreign relations, including primary sources as well as secondary sources.
- Handbook of Latin American Studies
- The Handbook is a bibliography on Latin America consisting of works selected and annotated by scholars.
- A Bibliography of United States Latin American Relations Since 1810.
- Z 1609 .R4 T7 Ref.
- Published in 1968 and therefore lacking coverage of the most recent forty years, this volume nevertheless has great value from the eleven thousand published references from the previous 158 years.
- Supplement to A Bibliography of United States Latin American Relations Since 1810.
- Z 1609 .R4 T7 Suppl. Ref.
- This supplement was published in 1979 and thereby covers the gap noted above by 11 years.