Get Help from the Library
- Use our online email form. Most responses within 1 business day.
- Call (806) 651-2215 during library hours
- Stop by the first floor reference desk anytime the library is open
Circulation and Reserves
Improve your Google searches
Important Limiters for searching Google Images
You can limit your results in Google to pages from specific sites or kinds of sites by including along with your search terms text such as site:wtamu.edu or, for all colleges and universities but only colleges and universities, site:.edu.
This way, even when searching Google Images, you're more likely to get archival content from university collections.
Find Us Online
Other library databases
- Hover on the word "More" on the maroon bar at the top and click on "Images."
- When searching the Image Collection, include the year as a search term, to find photos that have it in the description.
- 192* as a search term will find 1920, 1920s, 1921, 1922, etc.
- Images of all material published in this important U.S. newspaper.
- For photos, click on "More Search Options" and choose "Photo standalone" from "Document type."
General web collections
Ask a Librarian
or text to (806) 337-0808
- OAIster searches digital archives at universities, museum, and libraries worldwide.
- Choose "----Downloadable image" for Format under "Narrow your search."
- When using Boolean operators here such as AND, OR, & NOT, be sure to capitalize.