2015 Contest Winners
Announcing the 2015 winners of the 4th annual Cornette Library Pumpkin Carving/Decorationg contest. All of the pumpkins were awesome! Thank you all for your pumpkin entries, for voting and Cornette Library wishes you a happy Halloween!
1st Place: The Death Pumpkin (entry #8)
2nd Place: Raphael (entry #1)
3rd Place: Count Pumpcula (entry #4)
# 2 Periodical Powerhouse
#3 Argyle Bling
#4 Count Pumpcula
#6 Patriot Pumpkin
#7 Cancer Awareness
#8 The Death Pumpkin
Trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place!
Will your pumpking be awarded the "Great Pumpkin" trophy? Create your "great pumpkin" and bring it to the library!
- Get a pumpkin and carve or decorate it for the Library's Pumpkin Carving/Decorating Contest.
- Deliver your completed masterpiece to the Circulation Desk at the Cornette Library between 3:00pm, Tuesday, October 27 and 5:00 pm, Wednesday, October 28.
- No candles will be allowed in carved pumpkins, but glow sticks or small battery-powered lights may be used.
- The contest is open to the entire Buff Nation. Staff, students, faculty and departments are encouraged to work as a team or solo it and bring your own creation!
- Trophies will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Come see who is awarded the "Great Pumpkin" first place trophy.
- Voting will take place online and by paper ballot in the Library from 5:00pm Wednesday, October 28, through 5:00pm, Thursday, October 29.
- Winners will be announced on Friday, October 30th at 12:00 noon.
- Pumpkins must be picked up by 4:00 pm on Friday, October 30th. Pumpkins left after 4:00pm October 30th will be disposed of immediately.
- Contact Linda Sweetgall at 651-2229 from 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday-Friday or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. You may also contact Jamie Stanfield at the Reference Desk (651-2215) from 6:00pm-12:00am, Tuesday-Thursday or email at email@example.com with any questions.