Information for articles for Physics labs 1402, 2426,
Last Updated: Sep 26, 2016
For this assignment, here are the three basic database sources you can use. All are full-text. As you get further along in your education, there are other databases with which you will wish to become familiar.
- Ulrichsweb Global Serials Directory
Comprehensive international list of journals, magazines, newspapers, and online full-text electronic references. For each title indicates subject area, publisher, publication schedule, where indexed/abstracted, if peer reviewed and more. Search by title, ISSN, publisher, subject, keyword, dates, and more.
- ScienceDirect Journals
Broad science coverage, emphasizing life sciences, engineering, earth sciences and pharmacology. Almost 2000 full-text journals. Also includes business, management and accounting; economics, econometrics and finance; and social science.
- IEEE Xplore Digital Library
Includes all the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) journals, plus conference proceedings and IEEE standards. Coverage areas are
- Communication, Networking & Broadcasting
- Components, Circuits, Devices & SystemsComputing & Processing (Hardware/Software)
- Engineered Materials, Dielectrics & Plasmas
- Engineering Profession
- Fields, Waves & Electromagnetics
- General Topics for Engineers (Math, Science & Engineering)
- Nuclear Engineering
- Photonics & Electro-Optics
- Power, Energy, & Industry Applications
- Robotics & Control Systems
- Signal Processing & Analysis
- Institute of Physics Journals
Full-text online access to 34 of the journals published by the Institute of Physics. Complete coverage of each title from first to most current issue. Contains all of the Journal of Physics series.
- Web of Science
Simultaneously search the most important journals in the social sciences, physical sciences, mathematics, the humanities, and visual and performing arts. Includes 'high impact' scholarly sources. Search by author, topic, affiliation, etc., or follow links to cited sources. Create an individualized sign-in to save results, set up search alerts, and gain access to citation management with the My EndNote Web service. Includes Arts & Humanities Citation Index (AHCI), Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI), Science Citation Index (SCI).
or text to (806) 429-4542
Circulation and Reserves