Geology is the study of the Earth, the materials of which it is made, the structure of those materials, and the processes acting upon them. It includes the study of organisms that have inhabited our planet. An important part of geology is the study of how Earth’s materials, structures, processes and organisms have changed over time.
Palo Duro Canyon--Geologic Layers
Get Help from the Library
- Use our online email form. Most responses within 1 business day.
- Call (806) 651-2215 during library hours
- Stop by the first floor reference desk anytime the library is open
Circulation and Reserves
Make a research question from your topic.
- For example: "What is currently being done to help conserve the endangered Giant Panda population?"
- Keywords: conserve and Giant Panda
Think of related words.
- Conserve: conservation, preservation, protection
- Giant Panda: panda, Ailuropoda melanoleuca (scientific name).
Ask a Librarian
or text to: (806) 429-4542