Get Help from the Library
- Use our online email form. Most responses within 1 business day.
- Call (806) 651-2215 during library hours
- Stop by the first floor reference desk anytime the library is open
Circulation and Reserves
Search Library Catalog
Search with synonyms and related words.
- In addition to readers, also search on reading.
- In addition to struggling, search on difficulty, disability, disabilities, ability, comprehension, etc.
Truncate terms for variant endings.
- Use an asterisk (*) in most databases.
- read* will find readers, reading, and read.
- struggl* will find struggling and struggle.
- disabilit* will find disabilities and disability.
- Our catalog uses ? to truncate; a few databases may use other symbols
Quotation marks keep phrases together.
- Searching in ERIC for struggling readers finds all 911 results that include readers and include struggling.
- Searching for "struggling readers" finds only the 646 results with that exact phrase.
Subject terms can focus results.
- ERIC: Drop-down field on Advanced Search.
- ERIC: "Refine Results" Subject section to the left of search results
- ERIC: Thesaurus
Some concepts to research in conjunction with struggling readers:
- Brain based learning strategies
- Listening skills or listening capacity levels
- Teaching strategies
Ask a Librarian
or text to (806) 429-4542