Get Help from the Library
- Use our online email form. Most responses within 1 business day.
- Call (806) 651-2215 during library hours
- Stop by the first floor reference desk anytime the library is open
Circulation and Reserves
Search Library Catalog
Search with synonyms and related words.
- In addition to play, also search on playing.
- In addition to learning, search on education.
Truncate terms for variant endings.
- Use an asterisk (*) in most databases.
- theor* will find theory and theories.
- child* will find childhood, children, child, childish, and childlike.
- Our catalog uses ? to truncate; a few databases may use other symbols
Quotation marks keep phrases together.
- Searching in ERIC for learning theories with play* finds all 2,446 results that include learning and include theories and include play*.
- Searching for "learning theories" with play* finds only the 479 results with the exact phrase "learning theories" (that also include play*).
Subject terms can focus results.
- ERIC: Drop-down field on Advanced Search.
- ERIC: "Refine Results" Subject section to the left of search results
- ERIC: Thesaurus
Ask a Librarian
or text to (806) 429-4542
Some concepts or names to research in conjunction with relevant learning theories:
- John Locke
- John Dewey
- Friedrich Froebel