Read or Download ebook Academic titles
Ebook Academic Collection from EBSCO
1. Contains more than 117,000 recent, scholarly, full-text books.
2. Each title allows unlimited simultaneous users.
3. Any book can be immediately read online in your web browser or checked out and downloaded to a personal device.
4. Search by keyword, author, title, publisher, year of publication, and subject classification.
1. Click the link ebook Full Text.
2. Book opens to the title page in your browser.
3. Use Table of Contents links or page arrows for navigation
4. Icons along the right margin provide search, print, save, and cite functions.
Download ebooks to your device.
One time preliminary steps:
1. Create a personalized EBSCO account, using the Sign In link on the database search page.
2. Download an additional app/software to the device you will use.
a. PC: Adobe Digital Editions http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html
b. Apple and Android devices: EBSCO recommends Bluefire Reader http://www.bluefirereader.com/bluefire-reader.html
c. Kindle: Amazon requires that you use Send to Kindle http://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle
3. The reading software you use will require that you to register with a username and password.
Check out a title
1. Log into your personal EBSCO account.
2. Find a book of interest.
3. Click the link Download (offline).
4. On the popup window, click Download. The book will open in the software you use for reading.
5. You can use the book on multiple devices:
a. On the new device, go to the database and log into your individual account.
b. Click the My Checkouts link in the upper left area.
c. Repeat steps 3 and 4.
6. All titles can be checked out for 14 days. If you need a book longer, repeat these steps.
Ask a Librarian
or text to (806) 337-0808